About the job
Duties and responsibilities:
As Partners – members of the Partnership – it’s our responsibility to ensure our success for the future. We proactively seek out opportunities to continuously improve the way we work, taking action to ensure the Partnership is efficient and we are all as productive as possible. It’s an ethos each and every Partner works by and you’ll carry into your own role too.
You’ll be the friendly face of our business – the helpful driver who delivers the unique blend of Waitrose quality and outstanding service right to our customers’ doors. When you’re not out and about you’ll be at the store assisting with things like stock control and cashiering, which may involve lifting heavy products.
A good appreciation of health & safety is a must, along with excellent driving skills. We will ask you to take a driving assessment as part of your application.
Required Essential Experience Skills And Qualification:
- You will need a full valid UK manual driving licence with no more than six points
- Due to the delivery of age restricted items, applicants must be 18 years or over to apply.
- Part of the application process will include a licence check and a security check to confirm your suitability for the role.
Desirable Experience Skills And Qualifications:
Previous experience in a driving role and a knowledge of chilled vehicles would both be welcomed.
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
Please consider the following when making your application:
- This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: Driving Licence & Basic disclosure
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.
- Print off the job description now if you require it.